Welcome to the 2/4 Battalion Regimental Association
Ake Ake Kia Kaha (Forever and Ever Be Strong)
The 2/4 Battalion Regimental Association was formed in 1964 as an amalgamation of the Canterbury Regiment and the Nelson, Marlborough, West Coast Regiment.
Its more generic title reflects the fact that the association now covers the entire South Island.
Who can join the association?
Anyone who served in:
- The Canterbury Regiment or
- The Nelson Marlborough West Coast Regiment or
- The 2nd Battalion (Canterbury, Nelson, Marlborough, West Coast) Royal New
- Zealand Infantry or
- The 2nd Canterbury, Nelson, Marlborough West Coast Battalion Group or
- The Otago/Southland Regiment or
- The 4th Otago Southland Battalion Group or
- The 2nd /4th Battalion Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment or
- Any predecessor or successor of these units
Any relative of the above, or any member or former member of any New Zealand Army unit or
Any person who has an interest in military history and wishes to join association
Aims of the Association
- To promote the welfare and interests of the existing unit ie 2/4 Bn RNZIR
- To inspire a spirit of fellowship among former members of the unit and its predecessors
- To promote active links between the Association and the Unit
- To preserve and foster the service tradition in Canterbury, Nelson, Marlborough, West Coast, and in Otago and Southland (ie South Island Reservist Military Units)
- To assist with the foundation, maintenance and support of a military museum
Membership is $10 per year, due on or before 31 July.
Regular member meetings with guest speakers are held at Papanui RSA in the Charles Upham Room
Regimental History Centre
The Association operates the Regimental History Centre (RHC) at Burnham Military Camp. Its aim is to provide a research base for the military history/heritage of the citizen soldiers of the South Island army units. RHC includes resource material and displays.
- Open 9.30am-2.30pm, 2nd &4th Monday of each month (excluding public holidays)
- Visit requests through 2/4 Bn RNZIR Burnham Military Camp
Please support these local businesses that make it happen.